bears

bears

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bye-bye to My William

At the show on Sunday I was chatting to a lovely lady. We talked for some time about her collection of antique bears. I enjoyed lessening to her interesting stories about them , while we where talking she was constantly picking up My William, straightening his over sized jumper & looking at his sweet little knees. He has elbows under that big jumper too!

My William has always been one of my favorite little guys. He would often keep me company while I made bears. I even made him a small pair of boots that look like Doc Martens.
After awhile she passed him to me & said " I'll take William home with me , he's just the little man to brighten up the spot between some of my antiques bears". I kiss William on the fuzzy forehead & waved goodbye. As I watched him disappear with the lady, she raised him to her face & gave him a really big kiss right on his nose.
This made me feel all warm & gooey inside cause My William was off to a good home where he will be loved "a lot".

2 comments:

  1. Hello Merilyn. I found you on 100 best blogs, your bears are really original, nice to meet you. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice story :) I enjoyed my visit to your blog :) look forward to seeing more of your sweet bear creations. Juliet

    ReplyDelete